Time to Focus
I’ve recently gone through a huge life change. Don’t worry, I’m not going to spill my guts here but I am going to try and make plans for the future. I figured that if I publish my plans to the world, I’ve got to follow them right?!
- Focus! On everything. Especially work, fun, family, health…well I did say everything.
- Plan a lot of trips. Particularly looking forward to going to Ecuador and Costa Rica in January with my best buddy The Don. Also absolutely have to go to the Christmas markets in Germany which I’ve never done and I have some lovely friends there to show me around.
- Do some exercise. I’m not gonna lie, I’ve done bugger all for years. But now I have a lot of extra time on my hands, I really have no excuse. Plus I live virtually opposite an amazing swimming pool, so need to get my arse into gear. I’ve already lost about half a stone in the last month, through lack of appetite and general heartbreak but that’s no way to live is it?! A bit of exercise should bring some balance to eating and drinking decent fare.
- Learn to drive. I should point out here that I have had a few lessons in the past and was never particularly bad at it, just never really had the time or inclination to finish up. Have now been gifted a car from my parents. Despite my age, the olds still insist on helping out their baby! Plus my apartment comes with a parking space which is a precious commodity these days.
- Sort out apartment interior! I made a lot of quick fixes when I moved in back in May, but now is the time to make those big furniture buys. I’ve had my eye on this sideboard for about a year, but again, just haven’t got round to committing.
I could add a lot more to this list, but I’m above all trying to be positive, which also means being realistic! I will try to spend more time with friends and family, blog more and generally do more with my time. But still make time for Holby City and of course the end of Downtob Abbey (*sniff*).
On a horrible wintery morning like this, I appreciate that it is hard to be positive. But also why the f**k not? Let’s be happy together whatever the weather 😀